1. Recognize that you have choices. Usually people-pleasers feel as if they don’t have a choice, and they have to say yes when someone asks for their help. But you DO have a choice – and it’s Ok to say no.
2. Decide on your priorities. If you already have commitments or you have set priorities then it’s easy to say no as you’ve a genuine “excuse”. Do what matters most to you, and please remember - it’s your life!
3. Stall for time – don’t give an answer right away. Say you need a bit of time before you make up your mind. That allows you time and space to think about the consequences. For other things will likely suffer if you take on far too much.
4. Don’t be afraid to add conditions to your yeses. For example, say that you’ll only say yes if someone else says yes as well – or only take on a new task for a set period of time.
5. Are you being manipulated? There are plenty who will use you to ensure their plans succeed, so watch out for those compliments and empty flattery.
6. Be firm when you say no. The first time you say no it feels uncomfortable and hard. But once you’ve done that a few times it starts to feel much easier. Also, if you sound confident then others take you seriously.
7. Don’t defend you decision. You have a right to say no – and to NOT defend yourself. It’s your life after all - you don’t have to explain “why” … or come up with excuses … or be pushed and pressurised. And don’t apologise to others - saying no is not a crime!
when you sit attentively in class but you dont understand a thing the teacher is saying
OH MY GOD, DID I TELL YOU GUISE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AT THE BUS STOP TODAY???
okay okay this bus went past its stop, so the driver had to reverse. Anyway, so this bus was reversing and its wheels were up on the curb and it was slowly nearing the pole that says the bus times, and then it hit the pole and then the pole just fell over and someone had to like jump out of the way, but yeah it was pretty funny, and after the shock wore off, we all just laughed omfg
Wait wait wait, was it this bus stop?
People have been seriously trying to figure this out on the internet all day…